Wednesday 21 October 2009

It (almost) never rains …

DSC09524

Believe it or not, this photo was taken in the middle of the day … and so were these:

DSC09523 DSC09546

The rain will be good for the garden, but for today it means we can’t do any gardening.

DSC09508

 

It’s time to eat comforting autumn food like this rabbit and chorizo casserole, with some of the last courgettes of the season, and a glass of red wine.

 

 

 

DSC09466

 

This may have been the last butterfly of the summer, in the garden last weekend when we were sowing broad beans and peas.

6 comments:

sleepyduck said...

The casserole looks good... not so the weather...

Jan said...

Ah, so I should be sowing my favas and peas soon then... I think I sowed them a bit late last autumn, although they did well. That's ok though because the rain will have softened the ground enough for me to finish the digging!

Bay Area Tendrils said...

A note to say hello...& how perfectly this post captures the changing seasons. Love the images, love your blog!
Rain has arrived in Northern California, too. Much needed. Harvested a mountain of tarragon to dry for winter cooking. My favorite herb... a bit of France to scent the house.
Best wishes, Alice
aka Bay Area Tendrils Garden Travel

Stefaneener said...

So much like here. It's gray and threatening again today, and the rain totes are full!

impoftheyard said...

Rabbit and chorizo? Sounds and looks wonderful! I like all your shots of the rain too.

mo said...

Can I have some of your dinner?....because that tuna sandwich I had earlier REALLY didn't do the business! Still raining here, sounds like it feels right at home!